Biên soạn theo nội dung sách tham khảo cuốn bài tập tiếng anh của tác giả Lưu Hoằng Trí dành cho khối 8 hệ sách mới.* Chi tiết các bạn tham khảo nội dung bên dưới.
giải bài tập lưu hoằng trí lớp 8
- 73. About 9.5 million people have been affected by the typhoon. I. 1. D 2. C 3. A 4. B 5. D 74. At least five people died in Vietnam when Haiyan hit the country. II. 6. C 7. B 8. D 9. B 10. B 11. D 12. D 13. D 14. C 15. A 75. It would be long and difficult. III. 16. eruption 17. evacuation 18. destructive 19. Survivors X. 76. The Opening Ceremony on Saturday, March 21 includes a variety of live entertainment including the AUN-J Classic Orchestra, pop singer Misato Watanabe, jazz and 20. accommodation 21. provision classical pianist Manami Morita and singer/song writer Deborah Bond. IV. 22. assistance 23. damage 24. tsunami 25. officials 77. In Blossom Kite Festival on Saturday, March 28, you can enjoy Kite flying competition, 26. property 27. debris 28. weather bureau 29. warnings special demonstrations and kite making for children. 30. ash 31. emergency 32. Climate changes 33. rainstorm 78. Southwest Waterfront Fireworks Festival on Saturday, April 4 offers you pactical V. 34. was caused 35. will be closed 36. was expected 37. were sent activities, musical entertainment, food and drink. 38. were hit 39. were blown 40. are warned 41. are put out 79. In National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade on Saturday, April 11, you can take part in 42. were flooded 43. were destroyed – were damaged marching bands, dance troupes, watch giant helium balloons and see special celebrity guests. VI. 80. In Sakura Matsuri – Japanese Street Festival on Saturday, April 11, you can enjoy arts, 44. hit 45. affected 46. occurred 47. had warned 48. had instructed crafts, demonstrations, live entertainment, food and drink. 49. were rescued 50. were killed 51. sank 52. were destroyed 53. took VII. 54. lack 55. environment 56. on 57. clouds 58. areas 59. time VIII. 60. H 61. J 62. D 63. G 64. B 65. I 66. F 67. A 68. C 69. E Unit 10: Communication IX. 70. C 71. C 72. B 73. A 74. D A. PHONETICS X. Southern Thailand hit by smoke from Indonesia I. 75. Heavy smoke from forest fires has resulted in the worst pollution for over ten years in Ooo purity, density, gravity, clarity, quality, quantity, additive, positive, primitive, southern Thailand. transitive, genitive 76. The smoke has threatened local people’s health in seven provinces in the south. oOoo longevity, mentality, facility, priority, authority, majority, minority, fatality, 77. Dangerous levels of pollution were recorded in the Thai city of Songkhla. reality, community, security, appositive, insensitive, infinitive, inquisitive, 78. Earlier this month, a number of flights to Phuket were cancelled because of the smoke. repetitive, definitive, acquisitive 79. In the past two months, thousands of forest fires in Indonesia have left bad effects on ooOoo continuity, inactivity, capability, hospitality, nationality, similarity, relativity, Southeast Asia. visibility, generosity, curiosity, opportunity, university, possibility 80. Pollution has also increased rates of respiratory illnesses. II. 1. density 2. security 3. opportunity 4. community 5. positive 6. responsibility Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8 – 23 24 – Lưu Hoằng Trí
- B. VOCABULARY & GRAMMAR IV. 1. D 2. B 3. F 4. A 5. C I. 1. B 2. D 3. F 4. I 5. H 6. E 7. A 8. G 9. C V. 1. He has spent about thirty hours on the Internet this week. II. 1. make 2. leave 3. take 4. post 5. send 2. He goes to bed at half past eleven in the evening. 3. Because she thinks it’s really bad for you. III. 1. E 2. G 3. I 4. J 5. A 6. C 7. B 8. D 9. F 10. H 4. By sending and receiving e-mails. IV. 5. She usually reads about four or five books in a week. A/ Picture a (a pen): write a letter, write a note E. WRITING Picture b (a cell phone): send/get a text message, check your messages I. Do’s: A, B, C, F, G, H, I, K Picture c (a computer): send/receive an e-mail, go on the Internet Don’ts: D, E, J Picture d (a phone): make a phone call, leave a message II. Maria, Picture e (a card): post a letter/card, send a card Thanks for lunch yesterday. It was great to see you. Let’s continue our conversation about Picture f (a digital camera): take/send a photo the project. Maybe it is Wednesday next week at my place. There is still a lot of things to B/ 1. send an e-mail or call someone 2. send an e-mail or send a text message discuss. By the way, please don’t forget to bring the information we talked about. 3. go on the Internet 4. leave a message Let me know about next week. See you later. 5. wrote a letter 6. send a card Peter 7. make a phone call or send an e-mail 8. leave a message III. 1. F 2. I 3. D 4. H 5. G 6. B 7. J 8. A 9. E 10. C 9. send a card or send an e-mail 10. go on the Internet Email Homework To Teacher V. To: [email protected] 1. will be sharing 2. will be using 3. will be developing 4. will be helping From: [email protected] 5. will be using 6. will be changing 7. will be using 8. will be developing Subject: English Essay from Nguyen Thi Mai 9. will be using 10. will be making Dear Ms. Lan, VI. 1. to post 2. to have – (to) drink 3. tidy 4. to stop My name is Nguyen Thi Lan, and I am your student from class 8C. I have attached my essay 5. doing – to do 6. going on “Communication in the 21st century”, which is due by the end of today. Thank you for C. SPEAKING allowing me to email it to you instead of turning it in during class. I really appreciate if you I. 1. Hi! Are you free to meet tomorrow for a drink? Where? When? See you! Nick xx give some comments on my essay so that I will write better in the near future. Your reply: I am free 2moro 2. How abt seeing @ my house, abt 7? C u soon! Thank you so much. 2. Hello. We’re having a party this Saturday at my house? Can you come? Are you going to Best regards, Nguyen Thi Mai bring anyone? Let me know. Thanks! Mai. Your reply: Gr8. Wd I bring Mi n Phong 2 the party? Thx 4 invitation. Luv. II. (Suggested answers) TEST (UNIT 10) 1. I’d like to speak to Nick, please. Is he at home now? I. 1. B 2. C 3. D 4. A 5. B 2. Oh. Could you tell him to call/phone me back when he gets home? II. 6. C 7. A 8. D 9. D 10. B 11. C 12. D 13. B 14. D 15. A 3. (your phone number) III. 16. D 17. B 18. D 19. C 20. A 21. C 22. A 23. D 4. Thank you so much. Bye for now. IV. 24. cyber-bullying 25. posted 26. homepage 27. view 5. (your own idea) 28. keep in touch with 29. online III. 1. G 2. D 3. B 4. I 5. E 6. A 7. H 8. J 9. C 10. F V. 30. C 31. F 32. D 33. B 34. E 35. A D. READING VI. 36. B 37. A 38. D 39. C 40. B 41. C 42. D 43. A I. 1. B 2. B 3. A 4. B 5. B 6. A 7. B 8. A VII. 44. F 45. T 46. T 47. T 48. F 49. F II. 1. C 2. D 3. A 4. B 5. A 6. C 7. B 8. D VIII. III. 1. They carried letters by hand over hundreds of kilometers. Task 1: 1. C 2. C 3. C 2. It cost just one penny. Task 2: 4. D 5. G 6. E 7. F 8. B 9. A 10. C 3. They delivered letters several times a day. Task 3: 11. F 12. I 13. D 14. B 15. J 16. E 17. G 4. They are arranged in the same way as the typewriter. 18. A 19. C 20. H 5. It appeared in the 1870s. IX. Dear Teacher, 6. Because the talking was perhaps easier than the walking. My name is Hoang Diem Mi, and I am your student from class 8A. I would like to express 7. It was sent in 1992. my appreciation for all your efforts in teaching chemistry to our class. I write/ am writing 8. We send over a billion text messages around the world every day. this letter to apologize for not submitting my lab report on time. I am sorry for forgetting the Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8 – 25 26 – Lưu Hoằng Trí
- deadline of the report, due last week. I promise that this thing does not happen again. I hope 2. She said that Meucci shared a workshop with Bell in the 1860s, and made a “talking for your kind understanding, and accept my late submission. telegraph” for his wife, who was ill in bed. Best regards, 3. She said that Meucci didn’t become the inventor because he never took his idea to the Hoang Diem Mi US Patent Office. X. Dear Ms. Huong, 4. She also said that Meucci was too poor to pay the $250 that he needed. I am sorry that I was absent from your Biology class yesterday. A classmate told me that 5. She said that Bell took/had taken the invention to the Patent Office, and became the handouts for the next lab assignment were given. We have to submit our assignments next inventor. Friday. Can I meet you during tomorrow’s recess to ask some questions about the correct C. SPEAKING way to write it? I look forward to speaking to you soon. I. Thank you very much. 1. He was born in England. Best regards, 2. He now lives in Massachusetts in the USA. Pham Van Phong 3. He looks very ordinary (about sixty years old and with brown hair). 4. Yes, he did. He went to school in London. 5. Because both his parents worked with computers. Unit 11: Science and technology 6. He went to Oxford University, and studied physics. A. PHONETICS 7. He became more and more interested in computers. 8. In 1989 while he was working in Switzerland. I. 9. Because Tim Berners-Lee decided to make his ideas free to everyone. oOo uncertain, unfasten, uncommon, unworried, immortal, 10. He thinks that the web is a universe of information and it is for everyone. ooO unafraid, unaware, II. 1. E 2. C 3. G 4. D 5. A 6. F 7. H 8. B oOoo uncomfortable, unpopular, impossible, impersonal, improbable, immovable, D. READING impurity, impassable I. 1. A 2. C 3. D 4. B 5. B 6. C 7. A 8. B 9. C 10. A ooOo unambitious, unemployment, uncompleted, imprecision II. 1. H 2. E 3. F 4. G 5. A 6. D 7. C 8. T 9. F 10. F oOooo immeasurable 11. T 12. T ooOoo unacceptable, unachievable, unbelievable, immaterial III. 1. B 2. D 3. F 4. C 5. E 6. A ooOooo uncommunicative IV. II. 1. unattractive 2. impolite 3. impractical 4. unnatural 5. unofficial 1. It got darker outside. 2. She thought that there should be a way to make her paper easier to see in the dark. 6. unpleasant 7. uncompetitive 8. unlucky 9. unnecessary 10. improper 3. She used phosphorescent paint to cover an acrylic board. B. VOCABULARY & GRAMMAR 4. The Glo-Sheet/ It can emit light but without heat. I. 1. artist 2. novelist 3. beginner 4. ancestor 5. pianist 5. She was 12 years old then. II.1. educational 2. inventions 3. construction 4. exploration E. WRITING 5. comfortable 6. harmful There are several advantages of smartphone. Smartphones give users the ability to surf III. websites instead of using a desktop or a laptop. They also have applications which help us to 1. will have built 2. will connect 3. will design 4. will have run create and edit Microsoft office documents. Smartphones have GPS which helps us to find 5. will have implanted 6. will be taking 7. will become 8. will create the place we are looking for. With a smartphone, we can have access to any email accounts, IV. like Outlook or Gmail, social networking sites, such as Facebook and Twitter. However, 1. The scientist said that cloning would become more popular in the next century. smartphones have some disadvantages. Smartphones are not durable, especially when they 2. Dr. Nelson said that every home would have at least one robot to perform any boring task. are not taken good care of. It is very expensive to buy smartphones compared to other 3. Our teacher told us that parents did not allow children to play computer games for a phones. Smartphones can only work efficiently when there is an Internet connection. You long period of time. cannot depend on smartphones for all your work but you need a computer to do some tasks. 4. The doctor told his patient that nutrition pills could cause serious side effects. (131 words) 5. The physicist said that nuclear power plants didn’t require a lot of space. 6. The politician told the audience that wrong decisions in Chernobyl had caused a big TEST (UNIT 11) nuclear explosion. I. 1. A 2. D 3. B 4. C 5. C V. II. 6. C 7. D 8. A 9. D 10. B 1. Chau said that the real inventor of the telephone was Antonio Meucci, a poor Italian III. 11. D 12. A 13. D 14. C 15. A 16. C 17. D 18. B 19. C 20. B American. Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8 – 27 28 – Lưu Hoằng Trí
- IV. II. 21. development 22. safety – risky 23. scientist – researcher – scientific 1. careless 2. colourful 3. joyful 4. fearless 5. careful 24. dangerous 25. production 26. industrial – medical 6. friendless 7. cheerful 8. restless 9. forgetful 10. Thoughtless 27. technological 28. ability 11. successful 12. useless V. 29. runner 30. homemaker 31. foreigner 32. programmer 33. hobbyist VI. 34. youngest 35. contributions 36. researchers 37. independence B. VOCABULARY & GRAMMAR 38. technicians 39. mathematicians 40. mathematical 41. founders I. 1. D 2. F 3. H 4. E 5. B 6. A 7. J 8. I 9. G 10. C VII. 42. Our teacher said that we were learning more about our universe. II. 43. Dr. Nelson said that scientists had made various applications in long distance communication. 1. system 2. atmosphere 3. conditions 4. difference 44. Our Chemistry teacher told us that science was a good and useful servant but it was a bad 5. clouds 6. ocean 7. kind 8. life destructive master. III. 45. Our headmaster said that space tourism would broaden our knowledge of space. 1. opened 2. came out 3. had masks on their faces 46. Our History teacher told us that during the time in Paris in 1946 Uncle Ho had attracted 4. came up to me 5. wanted to run away several Vietnamese scientists to return to the country. IV. 47. Our Math teacher said that Professor Le Van Thiem had believed in the importance of 1. Earth 2. ordinary 3. billion 4. universe 5. intelligent education and science, so he had founded a teacher training college and a college of fundamental science. 6. believe 7. numbers 8. in 9. spaceship 10. nearest VIII. 48. D 49. G 50. B 51. I 52. E 53. A 54. F 55. J 56. C 57. H V. IX. 58. T 59. F 60. T 61. T 62. F 63. T 64. F 65. T 1. when – had started 2. started/ had started 3. to know – had worked X. 66. He studied to serve the country’s independence. 4. said – had worked 5. the ISS was 6. was – it weighed 67. He tried to study the science of making weapons. 7. if/ whether – was 8. there had always been 68. It was the good thing to research and manufacture weapons for our soldiers to fight the VI. enemy, so Uncle Ho changed his name – Tran Dai Nghia. 1. Nhi said space offered unique pleasures including the view and zero gravity activities. 69. Because he was a gentle and quiet engineer, but his weapons were so successful. 2. Duong thought that space travel was risky and expensive. 70. It was bazookas/ recoilless canon (SKZ)/ flying bombs . 3. Mai asked if/ whether Enceladus would provide a habitable environment for life. XI. 71. Tim Berners-Lee was born in England. 4. Nick asked when the flyby took place. 72. He went to school in London. 5. Mi asked what scientists discovered from the photos of Saturn’s moon – Enceladus. 73. When he was 18, he went to Oxford University. C. SPEAKING 74. At university, he become more interested in computers. 75. At Oxford, he made his first computer from a television. I. 1. C 2. E 3. B 4. F 5. D 6. A 76. He graduated in 1976. II. 1. H 2. B 3. I 4. C 5. F 6. G 7. D 8. J 9. A 10. E 77. He got a job with a computer company in England. D. READING 78. In 1989, he worked as a software engineer at CERN – the large physics laboratory in I. 1. A 2. C 3. C 4. B 5. A 6. B 7. D 8. B Switzerland. II. 1. B 2. A 3. C 4. D 5. A 6. B 7. C 8. C 9. D 10. B 79. Scientists come from all over the world, and they have difficulty (in) sharing information. III. 80. He thought he saw/ could see a way to solve the problems: millions of computers were 1. False. There were no other cars on the road. being connected together through the Net. 2. True. 3. True. Unit 12: Life on other planets 4. False. The time stopped at that time. 5. False. She fell asleep in front of her computer. A. PHONETICS 6. True. I. 7. False. The alien put something over her mouth. Oo painful, skillful, fearless, spotless, harmful, thoughtful, cloudless, breathless, 8. False. She woke up by herself. tasteless, faithful IV. 1. C 2. E 3. B 4. A 5. D Ooo powerful, wonderful, bottomless, leaderless, effortless, motionless V. 1. T 2. T 3. T 4. F 5. F 6. T 7. F 8. T oOo disgraceful, delightful, successful, respectful, resourceful VI. 1. C 2. A 3. E 4. B 5. D oOoo expressionless, directionless 6. Pluto was discovered by Clyde Tombaugh in 1930. ooOo uneventful, disrespectful 7. Because it has solid surfaces but its mass is icy material. Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8 – 29 30 – Lưu Hoằng Trí
- 8. It traveled more than 3.6 billion miles to take the photos. 70. Duong asked Mi how the astronauts could wash their hair. 9. Because huge mountains on Pluto are made of water ice. 71. Mi said that they used no-rinse shampoo and a towel to wash their hair. 10. The New Horizon’s mission makes the United States the first nation to send a space 72. Phong said that many thousand people had seen a UFO hovering around the International probe to every planet from Mercury to Pluto. Space Station the previous year/ the year before. E. WRITING XI. 73. Aliens may have a hard container for the brain. I. 74. They may have two eyes, a nose, and a mouth like us. 1. Dr. Nelson said that every weekend the astronauts could have private video-conferences 75. Their eyes might be bug-eyed, and the nose might not be in the middle of the face. with their families on the Earth. 76. Besides teeth, aliens might have other systems of eating. 2. Nick asked his teacher if/ whether the astronauts had ever forgotten anything from the Earth. 77. They might not have necks, because they can turn round their heads. 3. The teacher told Nick that the astronauts on the ISS used a 3-D printer on board to print 78. They may have two arms, but the arms may have suckers to pick up small objects. certain objects. 79. Their hand might have only three or four fingers. 4. Mai asked Dr. Nelson where we/they could look for life. 80. The number of joints might be greater, and the direction of bend might be different. 5. The teacher said that Ganymede, the largest moon of Jupiter, had a large salt water ocean. 6. Mi asked the teacher if/ whether Mars had ice under its surface. II. TEST YOURSELF 4 1. Aliens might be small creatures made of chitin – an insect skeletal protein. I. 1. D 2. C 3. A 4. D 5. B 2. They may have thick skin to minimize evaporation and conserve water. II. 6. C 7. B 8. A 9. B 10. D 11. C 12. D 13. C 14. C 15. B 3. They might have 18 pairs of legs with sucker-like feet. III. 16. a smartphone and a landline phone 4. They might be short with thick legs to support their bodies against the strong gravity. 17. a smartphone, a laptop, and a tablet computer 5. They might absorb oxygen right through their skin. 18. a smartphone, a laptop, and a tablet computer 6. They might use antennas to collect information. 19. a smartphone, a laptop, and a tablet computer 7. They might be intelligent robots which may fly through the air. 20. a smartphone, a laptop, and a tablet computer 8. They might look like a jellyfish who may communicate through flashes of light. 21. an internet connection, and a Wi-Fi connection 22. a smartphone, a laptop, and a tablet computer 23. an internet connection, and a Wi-Fi connection TEST (UNIT 12) 24. an internet connection, and a Wi-Fi connection I. 1. C 2. A 3. A 4. C 5. D 25. a social network II. 6. C 7. B 8. C 9. D 10. D 11. A 12. C 13. D 14. C 15. B IV. 26. G 27. E 28. H 29. F 30. D 31. A 32. B 33. C III. 16. hopeful 17. colourless 18. homeless 19. armful V. 34. are 35. will come 36. have wondered 20. wonderful 21. thoughtless 37. will be taking 38. will have learned 39. will have discovered IV. 22. C 23. G 24. E 25. I 26. H 27. J 28. F 29. B 30. D 31. A 40. will be looking for 41. will have travelled V. 32. A 33. C 34. D 35. B 36. A 37. D 38. B 39. B 40. C 41. A 42. will have improved 43. will have developed VI. 42. True 43. True 44. False 45. False 46. False VI. 44. E 45. H 46. G 47. B 48. C 49. A 50. D 51. F VII. VII. 52. I 53. F 54. D 55. H 56. A 57. G 58. C 59. J 60. B 61. E 47. first 48. speed/velocity 49. collect 50. understanding 51. transported VIII. 62. B 63. D 64. A 65. D 66. D 67. B 68. C 69. B 52. from 53. watch 54. back 55. work 56. suits IX. 70. Netiquette is the etiquette or good manners of using the Internet. VIII. 57. D 58. A 59. B 60. C 61. A 71. Being friendly and polite. IX. 62. It is Neptune’s largest moon. 72. We should ask someone’s permission before posting anything about them on the web. 63. It might make an interesting place to set up a space colony. 73. We should remove any personal information like their name and email address. 64. There has been only one. 74. We can block that person who is rude in cyberspace, or talk to a trusted adult about the matter. 65. We can see smooth areas next to volcanos. X. 66. They are formed by clouds of dust and nitrogen gas which erupt from the volcanos. 75. health risks 76. don’t exercise 77. to win matches X. 67. Dr. Nelson said the heat from its sun had made Kepler-452b lose its oceans. 78. how to solve 79. a good way 80. to build strong 68. Mai asked how old was Kepler-452b – the Earth’s cousin. 69. Nick said that the recycling system of the ISS supplied 4 liters of water a day. Bài tập Tiếng Anh 8 – 31 32 – Lưu Hoằng Trí